Looking at building great sales results for your business or yourself? Find great articles relating to staffing, running a sales office, improving your mental mindset and starting a career in sales.
It’s better to never set yourself a goal than to keep setting goals you never achieve. Instead set fail proof habit goals and start changing your life. Continue reading
Can a successful salesperson do either of these sales roles? No, as very different people are capable of doing these two jobs properly. Using SIP we can see these differences in capability very clearly but it is not so obvious observing BDM’s and account managers in the wild.
A illustration of the percentage of the population who can prospect either totally independently or with some systems support versus the vast majority who simply cannot. With SIP it is possible to identify the minority who can prospect before hiring. Continue reading
PLEASE STOP READING RÉSUMÉS – THEY ARE BAD FOR YOUR BUSINESS Résumés or CV’s provide no insight into whether a candidate can sell. SIP will clearly identify their selling capacity even before you met them and show you whether they will fit into your team saving you hundreds of hours in lost recruitment and training time and tens of thousands in lost revenue. Continue reading
Everyone who works for a sales and service organization will eventually have some contact with clients or prospects. So everyone needs the confidence to present your business professionally in a way that will assist the sales process of the official sales team.
When running sales training I always suggest we invite, anyone who wishes to consider a career move to selling. After the sales audit is complete we may choose a few to invite as well.
As an example of some of this content and an introduction to my sales style, you are welcome to download the first component of my sales training series. This first session is the broad view of selling and is not specific to any industry. All in-house training is fully tailored to your industry with industry-specific examples, techniques and tools.
I believe as sales staff we are not selling something ‘to’ people, rather that we are assisting people as they make decisions. In real estate, we are helping them with an incredibly important decision so the process is even more difficult to do well. If as salespeople we understand how people make decisions we are able to help them in a way that will make the most sense to each person we met rather than just repeatedly giving out information about our offering, leaving them to make sense of it themselves.
Most sales training is only focused on how we word our information or the ‘pitch’. Some courses even teach ‘magic’ words or phrases that they claim will improve your sales performance. As an example, you may have heard trainers’ advice we refer to the price as the ‘investment’. But this all assumes that every prospect has the same existing knowledge of your product/service and that they are all looking for exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason.
I have a degree in Psychology, providing sales training since 1994, and have merged my knowledge of practical selling with how the human brain makes stable decisions. Starting from understanding why they are searching for this product or service and on the journey to that decision they currently are before introducing your solution. To do this the salesperson needs thoroughly know about the role of emotions, especially fear, in the decision process and how to build trust before a decision is possible.
The first session, which I suggest everyone attends focuses on how the brain works and what our role in that is when we are selling. The following sessions use that decision model in situation-specific contexts.
To create a training schedule tailored to your business anywhere in the English-speaking world please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Places I have trained include Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Canada and the US.
- The Real Purpose of Parenting by Dr Philip Dembo – Maya’s book notes
- 3 things that determine sales success
- Find your teacher
- Think, Believe, do!
- Refusal vs Rejection in Selling
- Is seeking acceptance crippling your personal and work relationships?
- First 20 seconds of cold calling
- Tips for effectively relating to people
- Sales success is as simple as picking up the phone, isn’t it?
- Should I start a trainee Real Estate salesperson at the reception?
- The what why and how of getting into action and the myth of motivation
- How delving into misery can create more joy in your life
- How to become who you want to be
- Sell it to me!
- Success means staying on one path
- 4 Tips On How to Raise Venture Capital By Topher Morrison
- 5 ways SIP shields you from poor recruitment
- Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation, a summary
- A Positive Mental Attitude is key to success
- Coffee powering your health
- A new life in a heart beat
- The absolute power of NO
- Greatness is a team act
- Could you have a career in real estate sales?
- How To Series Episode 6: How to Sell
- How To Series Episode 5: How to Close the Sale
- How To Series Episode 4: How to Build Trust
- How To Series Episode 3: How Resumes are Killing your Business
- How To Episode 2: How To Cold Call