How to lead a calm, successful cheerful life – Think, believe, do! By Earl Nightingale
You are what you think about. Everyone is a total of our thoughts and if our thoughts are scattered and fluctuating, we are no-one and get nowhere.
You will get to where your goals take you. If you have no goals, you go nowhere.
If you wish these things you must wish these things very strongly and not wish a million incompatible things just as strongly. I cannot wish to have a corporate job and wish to sleep in every day.
Mark 9:23 New King James Version (NKJV) Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
If you think of positive things you will get positive things back (and vice versa). We become what we think about. Our brain does not care what you plant in it (like the soil does not care what crops the farmer plants). It will equally accept and return that back to us. And like a seed planted in soil, an idea planted in the brain needs to be some support.
As you believe so it shall be done to you. Like any tool, that can go in any direction.
The most important things we get in life we get for free and for this reason we don’t value them as much as the things we buy with money. But the free things; family, health, relationships, our bodies, dreams, ambitions friends etc can never be replaced once lost. Yet everything we buy; houses, cars, trinkets can always be bought again.
Goal setting: Think of my goals in a relaxed clear cheerful way. Picture myself already having them. Think ‘as is’ not ‘if’.
One of Isaac Newton’s 3 laws of motion applies in very context. These laws are principals of physics but they apply to every energy system. https://www.livescience.com/46558-laws-of-motion.html
The First Law of Motion states, “A body at rest will remain at rest, and a body in motion will remain in motion unless it is acted upon by an external force.” Also referred to as the law of Inertia
The Second Law of Motion describes what happens to a massive body when it is acted upon by an external force. It states, “The force acting on an object is equal to the mass of that object times its acceleration.”
The Third Law of Motion states, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.”
Another way to state the third law; to get we must give equal value. For everything we get, there is a price (energy) that you must pay. Nothing happens by magic.
Get clear about what you want and pay the price, exert the energy, to get it.
30 day goal challenge;
Set a single clear, and reasonably ambitious goal. You cannot hit a target you cannot see. To know there is a red dot somewhere to the left is no good to the marksmen. So it must be within your field of vision (knowledge and ability) but not at hand where no energy is required to achieve it. The more clearly you define the goal (size, shape, weight, colour, smell etc) the better you know how to position your resources to hit it.
- Set a single, ambitious clear goal. Write it on a piece of paper and put it into my wallet.
- Think about and read this goal many times every day. Imagine each time what the consequences of having this goal are for my daily life. Think about what I will be doing, seeing, feeling.
- Stop thinking about what scares me. When fear comes up, read the goal and see the consequences of my goal as if they are happening around me already.
- Give of myself (energy/price) more than I ever have before toward this goal. Dorothy Brande wrote in her book Wake up and Live: ACT as if it is impossible to fail.
- Stay relaxed and cheerful
We do not ‘make’ money we earn it in exchange for value you give, of our knowledge, time or physical exertion. I can only earn money by exchanging my service for money with someone who gets value/help from that service. If, I want more money, I have to help people more or help more people.
I need to be a success first (be valuable) to exchange for the money.
Formula for change
- Set a definitive goal
- Stop running myself down
- Stop thinking if reasons I cannot do it.
- Trace my beliefs back to childhood, if you can, and look at when I first started to think these things and ask if my situation today is still the same.
- Change the image I have of myself by writing a description of the person I would like to be.
- Act the part of the successful person I have decided to be immediately.